A majority of the BJP MPs who got re-elected to the Parliament from Gujarat have seen their personal assets rise by more than 100 per cent during the five-year-period they spent as members of the Lok Sabha.
The party MP from Amreli, Naranbhai Kachhadiya, tops the list with the personal assets rising by over 600 per cent between 2009-14. The MP’s wealth rose from Rs 1.05 crore
in 2009 to 3.97 in 2014, states an analysis released by Association of Democratic Reforms (ADR) on Thursday.
The second highest growth rate in personal assets was clocked by Jayshree Patel, the BJP MP from Mehsana whose assets rose by 297 per cent from Rs 33 lakh to Rs 1.32 crore. Almost similar has been growth of tribal leader from Chotta Udaepur, Ramsing Rathwa, whose assets grew by 279 per cent.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The MP from Navsari, C R Patil — who was the second richest candidate from Gujarat to fight the 2014 Lok Sabha polls — saw his assets grow from Rs 24.2 crore in 2004 to Rs 74.47 crore (208%). Darshana Jardosh, who got re-elected with an emphatic margin of 5.2 lakh votes, also saw a 100 per cent rise in her assets.
BJP veteran L K Advani, who contested from Gandhinagar, saw his assets rise by 114 per cent.
One of the lowest rise in asset was clocked by Kirit Solanki, who won from Ahmedabad-West in the recently concluded polls. His assets rose by 30 per cent which is way below the average percentage increase — 137 per cent — in assets of 165 MPs, who got re-elected in the 2014 LS polls.
Even Prabhatsinh Chauhan, the MP from Panchmahal recorded just 44 per cent rise in assets.