A majority of the BJP MPs who got re-elected to the Parliament from Gujarat have seen their personal assets rise by more than 100 per cent during the five-year-period they spent as members of the Lok Sabha.
The party MP from Amreli, Naranbhai Kachhadiya, tops the list with the personal assets rising by over 600 per cent between 2009-14. The MP’s wealth rose from Rs 1.05 crore
in 2009 to 3.97 in 2014, states an analysis released by Association of Democratic Reforms (ADR) on Thursday.
The second highest growth rate in personal assets was clocked by Jayshree Patel, the BJP MP from Mehsana whose assets rose by 297 per cent from Rs 33 lakh to Rs 1.32 crore. Almost similar has been growth of tribal leader from Chotta Udaepur, Ramsing Rathwa, whose assets grew by 279 per cent.
The MP from Navsari, C R Patil — who was the second richest candidate from Gujarat to fight the 2014 Lok Sabha polls — saw his assets grow from Rs 24.2 crore in 2004 to Rs 74.47 crore (208%). Darshana Jardosh, who got re-elected with an emphatic margin of 5.2 lakh votes, also saw a 100 per cent rise in her assets.
BJP veteran L K Advani, who contested from Gandhinagar, saw his assets rise by 114 per cent.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
One of the lowest rise in asset was clocked by Kirit Solanki, who won from Ahmedabad-West in the recently concluded polls. His assets rose by 30 per cent which is way below the average percentage increase — 137 per cent — in assets of 165 MPs, who got re-elected in the 2014 LS polls.
Even Prabhatsinh Chauhan, the MP from Panchmahal recorded just 44 per cent rise in assets.