An Indo-Japanese electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Morello Yamasaki, will be launching a new electric vehicle named “Nirbhaya” this Diwali, specially targetted at women drivers. The new vehicle will be equipped with an SOS button for emergencies and will offer 10 per cent discount to women riders.
“We plan to launch this vehicle in the Ahmedabad market during Diwali this year,” said Rajit Arya, CEO, Morello Yamasaki, a joint-venture company between Mumbai-based Arya Group and Yamasaki Motors of Japan.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
“The SOS button will be connected to the rider’s phone via the GPRS and will help women drivers send multiple SMSes to six different mobile numbers at the same time in case of an emergency,” said Arya on the sidelines of a conference on “Sustainable Mobility with Electric Vehicles” organised by Confederation of Indian Industry and Gujarat Power Corporation Ltd here.
This will be third product for the e-bike manufacturer who sells 60 per cent of its products to women every year. “The vehicle will be priced around Rs 35,000 and we will offering a special 10 percent discount to all women buyers,” he said adding that the company was in the process of launching a “high-speed” version of “Nirbhaya” in the next six months.
A prototype of the new vehicle was also kept on display at the conference venue. The company plans to launch ‘Nirbhaya’ in Delhi and other markets later this year.
Arya also announced that the company will be investing Rs 155 crore in setting up a manufacturing plant near Ahmedabad by 2015-16. “This new plant which will come up about 50 kilometers from Ahmedabad will initially have a capacity to produce 60,000 units of e-bikes by 2015-16. This capacity can be scaled up to a million units by 2019-20,” the official said.
The company will manufacture plastics, chassis, battery chargers, motors, controllers and other products at this new facility.