An Indo-Japanese electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Morello Yamasaki, will be launching a new electric vehicle named “Nirbhaya” this Diwali, specially targetted at women drivers. The new vehicle will be equipped with an SOS button for emergencies and will offer 10 per cent discount to women riders.
“We plan to launch this vehicle in the Ahmedabad market during Diwali this year,” said Rajit Arya, CEO, Morello Yamasaki, a joint-venture company between Mumbai-based Arya Group and Yamasaki Motors of Japan.
“The SOS button will be connected to the rider’s phone via the GPRS and will help women drivers send multiple SMSes to six different mobile numbers at the same time in case of an emergency,” said Arya on the sidelines of a conference on “Sustainable Mobility with Electric Vehicles” organised by Confederation of Indian Industry and Gujarat Power Corporation Ltd here.
This will be third product for the e-bike manufacturer who sells 60 per cent of its products to women every year. “The vehicle will be priced around Rs 35,000 and we will offering a special 10 percent discount to all women buyers,” he said adding that the company was in the process of launching a “high-speed” version of “Nirbhaya” in the next six months.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A prototype of the new vehicle was also kept on display at the conference venue. The company plans to launch ‘Nirbhaya’ in Delhi and other markets later this year.
Arya also announced that the company will be investing Rs 155 crore in setting up a manufacturing plant near Ahmedabad by 2015-16. “This new plant which will come up about 50 kilometers from Ahmedabad will initially have a capacity to produce 60,000 units of e-bikes by 2015-16. This capacity can be scaled up to a million units by 2019-20,” the official said.
The company will manufacture plastics, chassis, battery chargers, motors, controllers and other products at this new facility.