Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Environment and Forest Prakash Javadekar on Sunday said the Ministry will take a decision within two weeks on whether or not to lift the moratorium on some industrial clusters in the state.
Three industrial clusters – Vatva, Vapi and Ankleshwar – have been facing moratorium imposed by the Ministry of Environment and Forest MoEF) since they have been marked as the critically or severely polluted clusters.
Javadekar, who was in Ahmedabad to attend the engagement ceremony of BJP national president Amit Shah’s son, addressed a press conference. Replying to a question on whether the moratorium imposed on some industrial clusters in the state will be lifted, Javdekar said, “I have met the state government officials and have got a lot of material from them (on the subject).” He said that in two weeks’ time a decision will be made by his Ministry on the issue after holding a meeting with the ministers of the state government and if possible with the chief minister.
Vapi, Ankleshwar and Vatva industrial clusters are among the 75 severely polluted or critically polluted industrial clusters of the country. The MoEF had imposed expansion and development moratorium on them, which means no new industry can be allowed there or the cluster cannot expand.
MoEF has been reviewing these clusters to measure their pollution level, including air pollution, water pollution and soil pollution, with the impact of the same on the population in the vicinity.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Javadekar added that his ministry’s priority was to expedite the decision-taking process for granting various developmental projects. He said that the NDA Government will strike a balance between “Development ka Agenda” and “Paryavaran ka Jhanda”.