With the state in its transition phase after Narendra Modi took over as the Prime Minister in New Delhi, one of his pet projects “Meet the CM”, a part of the Kid’s City at Kankaria Lake where Modi answered questions asked by children, has been suspended for the time being.
The reason for it is that Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation is now in a fix on whether to continue it with the same title, but with new CM Anandi Patel or with the change of guard and replace it with “Meet the PM” or “Meet the ex-CM”.
“Meet the CM”, introduced on January 1, 2011, when the renovated Kankaria lakefront in Maninagar was inaugurated by Modi, is a programme where children got the chance to ask him questions through a virtual forum. Answers to a set of 100 questions were recorded on a set created at the CMO that matched exactly with the Kid’s City interior giving an impression to the children of a live interaction.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
C R Kharsan Deputy Municipal Commissioner (South Zone) said, “At the moment, with a complete change in guard in the state, the ‘Meet the CM’ programme has been stalled. The decision to continue or change it would be taken by the new CM.” It is said to have been conceived by the Kankaria planning team in consultation with Modi.
“Such was the popularity that we had even proposed another set of 50 questions, but with the election and his busy schedule, it could not get through. Now, with its suspension, we are forced to deny them the opportunity. The popularity can be assessed from the fact that on weekends, over 450-500 children visit Kid’s City, and among these over 90 per cent choose this. The students are not charge any additional fee for asking a question. If they want, they can even carry home the answers recorded on a DVD at an additional cost of Rs 30,” said one of the organisers.
Questions that were…
Some of the questions include an incident of bravery from Modi’s childhood, his favourite movie, about Modi’s kurtass, what was that one thing he wanted to do after he became the CM and is he could do that, his favourite childhood sport, his favourite food, how he reacts to things the media say about him, has he ever copied in an examination, etc.