With the state in its transition phase after Narendra Modi took over as the Prime Minister in New Delhi, one of his pet projects “Meet the CM”, a part of the Kid’s City at Kankaria Lake where Modi answered questions asked by children, has been suspended for the time being.
The reason for it is that Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation is now in a fix on whether to continue it with the same title, but with new CM Anandi Patel or with the change of guard and replace it with “Meet the PM” or “Meet the ex-CM”.
“Meet the CM”, introduced on January 1, 2011, when the renovated Kankaria lakefront in Maninagar was inaugurated by Modi, is a programme where children got the chance to ask him questions through a virtual forum. Answers to a set of 100 questions were recorded on a set created at the CMO that matched exactly with the Kid’s City interior giving an impression to the children of a live interaction.
C R Kharsan Deputy Municipal Commissioner (South Zone) said, “At the moment, with a complete change in guard in the state, the ‘Meet the CM’ programme has been stalled. The decision to continue or change it would be taken by the new CM.” It is said to have been conceived by the Kankaria planning team in consultation with Modi.
“Such was the popularity that we had even proposed another set of 50 questions, but with the election and his busy schedule, it could not get through. Now, with its suspension, we are forced to deny them the opportunity. The popularity can be assessed from the fact that on weekends, over 450-500 children visit Kid’s City, and among these over 90 per cent choose this. The students are not charge any additional fee for asking a question. If they want, they can even carry home the answers recorded on a DVD at an additional cost of Rs 30,” said one of the organisers.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Questions that were…
Some of the questions include an incident of bravery from Modi’s childhood, his favourite movie, about Modi’s kurtass, what was that one thing he wanted to do after he became the CM and is he could do that, his favourite childhood sport, his favourite food, how he reacts to things the media say about him, has he ever copied in an examination, etc.