Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s mother Hiraba could not control her tears while his wife expressed happiness as they watched on TV the swearing-in ceremony on Monday, unable to attend the event at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Due to her age and health reasons, Hiraba couldn’t not travel to Delhi and watched the live telecast on television at her younger son Pankaj Modi’s house in Gandhinagar along with Pankaj’s family and many other relatives. As soon as Modi came on the stage, they clapped and chanted Modi’s trademark dialogue ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ and ‘Vande Mataram’.
As Modi read out his oath, Hiraba’s and Pankaj’s eyes were full of tears.
Hiraba seemed unperturbed by scores of cameramen and reporters who had crowded the room to seek her reaction.
Later, the family members gave sweets to each other and lit fire crackers near their house.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In Mehsana, Modi’s wife Jashodaben too watched the live telecast on television and expressed happiness that her husband is now the Prime Minister of India. Modi’s hometown of Vadnagar in Mehsana too erupted in joy, as celebrations began as soon as the ceremony got over. Locals danced and people came out of their house to light fire crackers, as their ‘son of the soil’ took oath as Prime Minister.