AAP complaint had sought cancellation of Modi’s candidature from 2012 Aassembly and 2014 Lok Sabha polls in connection with his marital status.
The Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat has forwarded an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member’s complaint seeking cancellation of BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi’s candidature from polls, to returning officers of Vadodara and Ahmedabad, for further action.
The AAP complaint had sought cancellation of Modi’s candidature from 2012 Aassembly and 2014 Lok Sabha polls in connection with his marital status.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The letter (containing complaint) has been forwarded to Collector and District Election Officer, Vadodara and Ahmedabad for further appropriate action by the concerned returning officer,” Jaydeep Dwivedi, Joint Chief Electoral Officer of state, said in a letter to the complainant.
When inquired about the AAP complaint, Dwivedi told PTI,“ it is a routine process, we have forwarded it to the collector and returning officer of Vadodara and Ahmedabad and when we receive the reply then we shall decide about the future course of action.” The complaint was filed by a city-based Aam Aadmi Party worker Nishant Verma who had sought cancellation of the result of Man nagar assembly seat from where Modi won the election.