AAP complaint had sought cancellation of Modi’s candidature from 2012 Aassembly and 2014 Lok Sabha polls in connection with his marital status.
The Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat has forwarded an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member’s complaint seeking cancellation of BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi’s candidature from polls, to returning officers of Vadodara and Ahmedabad, for further action.
The AAP complaint had sought cancellation of Modi’s candidature from 2012 Aassembly and 2014 Lok Sabha polls in connection with his marital status.
“The letter (containing complaint) has been forwarded to Collector and District Election Officer, Vadodara and Ahmedabad for further appropriate action by the concerned returning officer,” Jaydeep Dwivedi, Joint Chief Electoral Officer of state, said in a letter to the complainant.
When inquired about the AAP complaint, Dwivedi told PTI,“ it is a routine process, we have forwarded it to the collector and returning officer of Vadodara and Ahmedabad and when we receive the reply then we shall decide about the future course of action.” The complaint was filed by a city-based Aam Aadmi Party worker Nishant Verma who had sought cancellation of the result of Man nagar assembly seat from where Modi won the election.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More