A criminal revision application was filed on Thursday before a city civil and sessions court, challenging the order of Ahmedabad rural court that rejected a petition, seeking FIR against Prime Minister Narendra Modi for allegedly filing a false affidavit during the 2012 Assembly polls.
In the affidavit, Modi didn’t fill up the column for his marital status. Following the application, the court has issued notice to the state government.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (rural court) M M Sheikh had rejected the petition arguing that although the offence was committed under the Representation of People Act, the complaint was filed after the commission of the offence. The court said that in accordance with CrPC Section 468 (2)(B), the complaint for the offence has to be made within one year in cases related to the violation of section 125(A)(3) of the RP Act.
Nishant Verma, a member of Aam Adami Party, had filed the petition soon after Modi revealed his marital status while filing his nomination for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat during the recently held polls. Verma moved revision application before the additional sessions judge, arguing that he was not late in filing the complaint. The matter will be heard on September 20.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More