Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s political secretary Ahmed Patel questioned Narendra Modi’s publicised beginnings as a tea vendor, and said he had information that reveals that he had never sold tea.
Addressing a public gathering here at the party headquarters on Saturday, Patel said, “Some chai-wala (tea vendor) came to me and said that Modi was a canteen contractor, not a tea-vendor.” He went on to add that it is not good to exploit this image to woo voters.
While Patel questioned Modi’s source of funds for rallies across the country, CLP leader Shankersinh Vaghela alleged that corporates were funding them.
Patel, who was addressing mostly farmers, after inducting farmer leader Lalji Desai into the Congress fold, said that Modi was trying to change his image by holding sadbhavna programmes, keeping only the nation’s top-most post in mind. “But how can one have sadbhavna when he has a heart of stone,” he said.
He asked people not to judge Gujarat from Modi’s twitter messages because the real situation was different from what was being depicted.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016