Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s political secretary Ahmed Patel questioned Narendra Modi’s publicised beginnings as a tea vendor, and said he had information that reveals that he had never sold tea.
Addressing a public gathering here at the party headquarters on Saturday, Patel said, “Some chai-wala (tea vendor) came to me and said that Modi was a canteen contractor, not a tea-vendor.” He went on to add that it is not good to exploit this image to woo voters.
While Patel questioned Modi’s source of funds for rallies across the country, CLP leader Shankersinh Vaghela alleged that corporates were funding them.
Patel, who was addressing mostly farmers, after inducting farmer leader Lalji Desai into the Congress fold, said that Modi was trying to change his image by holding sadbhavna programmes, keeping only the nation’s top-most post in mind. “But how can one have sadbhavna when he has a heart of stone,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He asked people not to judge Gujarat from Modi’s twitter messages because the real situation was different from what was being depicted.