In the last leg of his campaign tour on Saturday, Modi who turned up late, refused to accept garlands or felicitation and instead grabbed the microphone to make a fervent appeal to the public, seeking their blessings, in this tribal belt, currently represented by the Congress in the Parliament.
Keeping up his attack on the “mother-son duo” — Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul —Modi said, “This time, I got the chance to get the blessings of the entire country. According to our shashtras, after completing the Chaar-Dham Yatra, one has to come to his native place to bow to the motherland and take her blessing. Only then one’s religious pilgrimage will be completed. So I have returned to Gujarat to seek your blessings.”
Appealing to the people to “hold his hand and take him to Delhi”, he said, “This time, I am sure Congress will not open its account in many states, while in others they will not cross the two-digit figure. Congress had never considered being in such a condition before. The mother-and-son’s government might have done good for you in Valsad and Bardoli. but give me a chance and I will do more for you.”
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
These seats have Congress MPs currently Union minister Tushar Chaudhary from Bardoli and Kishan Patel from Valsad.
“This time, the election contest is not among political parties or political leaders, but among 125 crore people of this country. When the election was declared, I announced that this time it is like aandhi(storm) and when the Aandhicame close it transformed into a tsunami. Now, the Congress are saying that the tsunami destroys everything. But I say in this tsunami, the Congress and its corruption will be destroyed,” said Modi. Amit Shah, BJP’s UP general secretary and Modi’s close aide had referred to his Varanasi road show as a “tsunami”.
Modi also accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of competing with each other in telling lies, “I am challenging both the mother and son. Dadra Nagar and Haveli is a union territory where you rule, show me at least 10 per cent development over there,” he said.