In the last leg of his campaign tour on Saturday, Modi who turned up late, refused to accept garlands or felicitation and instead grabbed the microphone to make a fervent appeal to the public, seeking their blessings, in this tribal belt, currently represented by the Congress in the Parliament.
Keeping up his attack on the “mother-son duo” — Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul —Modi said, “This time, I got the chance to get the blessings of the entire country. According to our shashtras, after completing the Chaar-Dham Yatra, one has to come to his native place to bow to the motherland and take her blessing. Only then one’s religious pilgrimage will be completed. So I have returned to Gujarat to seek your blessings.”
Appealing to the people to “hold his hand and take him to Delhi”, he said, “This time, I am sure Congress will not open its account in many states, while in others they will not cross the two-digit figure. Congress had never considered being in such a condition before. The mother-and-son’s government might have done good for you in Valsad and Bardoli. but give me a chance and I will do more for you.”
These seats have Congress MPs currently Union minister Tushar Chaudhary from Bardoli and Kishan Patel from Valsad.
“This time, the election contest is not among political parties or political leaders, but among 125 crore people of this country. When the election was declared, I announced that this time it is like aandhi(storm) and when the Aandhicame close it transformed into a tsunami. Now, the Congress are saying that the tsunami destroys everything. But I say in this tsunami, the Congress and its corruption will be destroyed,” said Modi. Amit Shah, BJP’s UP general secretary and Modi’s close aide had referred to his Varanasi road show as a “tsunami”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Modi also accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of competing with each other in telling lies, “I am challenging both the mother and son. Dadra Nagar and Haveli is a union territory where you rule, show me at least 10 per cent development over there,” he said.