State health and finance minister and government spokesperson Nitin Patel on Monday said that the BJP sympathised with Maya Kodnani, a convict in the 2002 Naroda Patiya massacre case, and will “help her in all possible ways”. He was laying the foundation stone of a multi-specialty hospital near the Civil hospital, where Maya Kodnani is admitted for a series of illnesses.
Kodnani, who has been recently denied bail by the Supreme Court, was brought from jail to Civil Hospital on Monday morning, as the function went on at a distance. Asked if he was going to visit Kodnani at the Civil Hospital, Patel avoided a direct reply and said, “Our party’s sympathies are with her and she will be helped out in all possible ways,” he said.
Kodnani was the Minister of State for Woman and Child Development in the Modi government earlier. She resigned after her name figured in the Naroda Patiya riot case. She was later convicted by a special court for 28 years in the same case in which 95 Muslims were killed in the post-Godhra riots. She became the first minister to be convicted.
Asked if any of the ministers had gone to see her in the day in the hospital, Patel said, “all those who want to meet her or whom Mayaben agrees to meet, can go and meet her if the rules permit hem to do so”. He refused to say if he had gone to meet her.
Kodnani had applied for bail in the Supreme court on the grounds that she had suffered facial burns because of an oil lamp caused by a fall. She has benign positional paroxysmal vertigo which leads to the tendency to fall. She is undergoing electric shock therapy under general anaesthesia since she suffers from major depressive disorder with suicidal tendencies.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More