Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday hit back at BJPs prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi,saying he was either ill-informed or lying.
Modi,in his speech at a rally in Jammu on Sunday had cited the example of Omars sister Sara saying women in Jammu and Kashmir did not enjoy the same rights as men under certain laws that granted special status under Article 370.
Modi had made a comparison between Omar and his sister in an apparent bid to suggest women of Jammu and Kashmir who marry outside the State lose their domicile rights particularly over property inheritance.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Modi said,If Omar (Abdullah) married outside Kashmir,his rights of being a citizen remain whereas his sister Sara loses the right for the same because she has married outside Kashmir. Is this not discrimination against women?
Omar hit back with a volley of tweets. He (Modi) very conveniently used me and my sister as examples to illustrate a point that has no bearing on truth. Either he lies or is ill informed, Omar tweeted.
And finally,women do not lose their domicile right by marrying non-state subjects regardless of propaganda surrounding this issue, Omar said.