Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday hit back at BJPs prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi,saying he was either ill-informed or lying.
Modi,in his speech at a rally in Jammu on Sunday had cited the example of Omars sister Sara saying women in Jammu and Kashmir did not enjoy the same rights as men under certain laws that granted special status under Article 370.
Modi had made a comparison between Omar and his sister in an apparent bid to suggest women of Jammu and Kashmir who marry outside the State lose their domicile rights particularly over property inheritance.
Modi said,If Omar (Abdullah) married outside Kashmir,his rights of being a citizen remain whereas his sister Sara loses the right for the same because she has married outside Kashmir. Is this not discrimination against women?
Omar hit back with a volley of tweets. He (Modi) very conveniently used me and my sister as examples to illustrate a point that has no bearing on truth. Either he lies or is ill informed, Omar tweeted.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
And finally,women do not lose their domicile right by marrying non-state subjects regardless of propaganda surrounding this issue, Omar said.