Justice Hosbet Suresh, former Judge of Bombay High Court Monday said that CM Narendra Modi was the main conspirator of the 2002 Gujarat riots and was not a suitable candidate as Prime Minister of India.
Justice Suresh, one of the members of Concerned Citizens’ Tribunal that probed into the 2002 Gujarat riots and prepared a report, was speaking at the launch of a book in the city. Justice Suresh added that it would be dangerous for the country to have Modi as PM. Turning down the clean chit given to Modi by a magisterial court, Justice Suresh also said that there were many evidences against Modi and the issue was still to be adjudicated by the High Court and Supreme Court. “Supreme Court has not given him a clean chit,” he said.
Justice Suresh, who was in the city for the release of Sachchai Gujarat Ki, written by professor of an arts college in Ahmedabad, Hemantkumar Shah. The author terms the campaign of Gujarat’s development as “fiction” in the book. Justice Suresh said that as a member of the Concerned Citizens’ Tribunal, he — along with former Supreme Court judges V Krishna Iyer and P B Sawant — had toured Gujarat extensively for 15 days after 2002 riots. Justice Iyer, who chaired the tribunal, has given testimonials to Modi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Modi was the main conspirator of Gujarat riots,” Justice Suresh said.
“What happened in Best Bakery case? All the accused were acquitted by the trial court. But the same case got transferred to Maharashtra and the accused got convicted,” Justice Suresh said. “He is like Hitler. What happened after Hitler came to power? World War broke out. I do not rule out the possibility of (something) similar if he becomes the PM.”
Referring to the conviction of Maya Kodnani in the 2002 Naroda Patiya massacre and Modi’s complicity in the riots, he said, “Whose person is Kodnani? Modi’s.”