Congress candidate from Maninagar Assembly constituency Jatin Kella has clarified that he never said that “Prime Minister Narendra Modi is my guru”. He made these clarifications after a local TV channel aired comments ascribing to him a statement in which he had been quoted saying that “Narendra Modi is my guru”. He is the senior Congress leader Vijay Kella.
Speaking to The Indian Express, he said that the reporter of the channel asked him as to “what do you think of Modi?”
An advocate by profession, 30-year-old Kella said that he refused to make any comment on it by saying that “Modi is of the age of my father, who is my only guru, and hence I don’t want to make any comment on him.”
But the TV channel wrongly quoted him as saying that “Modi is my guru”, he said. He alleged that the channel had not aired his full sentences and aired only certain portions of it that led to debate in political circles. “What the channel has reported is not true,” Kella added.
The TV reporter had talked to Kella near Bhaironath in Maninagar when he was on his way to filing his nomination on Wednesday. However, he claimed that he would give a tough fight to BJP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When asked to comment on this controversy, GPCC spokesperson Manish Doshi said, “I am not aware of it and hence, I can’t comment on it.”