Congress candidate from Maninagar Assembly constituency Jatin Kella has clarified that he never said that “Prime Minister Narendra Modi is my guru”. He made these clarifications after a local TV channel aired comments ascribing to him a statement in which he had been quoted saying that “Narendra Modi is my guru”. He is the senior Congress leader Vijay Kella.
Speaking to The Indian Express, he said that the reporter of the channel asked him as to “what do you think of Modi?”
An advocate by profession, 30-year-old Kella said that he refused to make any comment on it by saying that “Modi is of the age of my father, who is my only guru, and hence I don’t want to make any comment on him.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
But the TV channel wrongly quoted him as saying that “Modi is my guru”, he said. He alleged that the channel had not aired his full sentences and aired only certain portions of it that led to debate in political circles. “What the channel has reported is not true,” Kella added.
The TV reporter had talked to Kella near Bhaironath in Maninagar when he was on his way to filing his nomination on Wednesday. However, he claimed that he would give a tough fight to BJP.
When asked to comment on this controversy, GPCC spokesperson Manish Doshi said, “I am not aware of it and hence, I can’t comment on it.”