Prime minister-in-waiting Narendra Modi sent out messages to Canadian Premier Stephen Harper and Nepalese Prime Minister Sushil Koirala on Sunday thanking them for their wishes on Saturday.
He also thanked the Dalai Lama for congratulating him on his party’s “decisive victory in the national elections”.
The Dalai Lama’s letter which Modi posted on twitter, said, “.that India was the world’s largest democratic nation and the most stable in South Asia with a deep tradition of Ahimsa. He said that he took pride in citing India as a living example of unity in diversity, an ancient country in which all the major world’s religious traditions flourish and from which other countries could learn from…”.
Modi who has also been congratulated and invited over by US President Barack Obama and Pakistani Premier Nawaz Sharif, posted on twitter, “I thank President of Nepal Shri Ram Baran Yadav, Prime Minister Shri Sushil Koirala & former PM Shri Baburam Bhattarai for their wishes. Nepal is an old & deeply valued friend. We are committed to strengthening our relations with Nepal in various spheres.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Responding to Harper’s message, Modi tweeted, “Had a telephonic conversation with @pmharper. Thanked him for his wishes & talked about our commitment to strengthen India-Canada relations.” ENS