Prime minister-in-waiting Narendra Modi sent out messages to Canadian Premier Stephen Harper and Nepalese Prime Minister Sushil Koirala on Sunday thanking them for their wishes on Saturday.
He also thanked the Dalai Lama for congratulating him on his party’s “decisive victory in the national elections”.
The Dalai Lama’s letter which Modi posted on twitter, said, “.that India was the world’s largest democratic nation and the most stable in South Asia with a deep tradition of Ahimsa. He said that he took pride in citing India as a living example of unity in diversity, an ancient country in which all the major world’s religious traditions flourish and from which other countries could learn from…”.
Modi who has also been congratulated and invited over by US President Barack Obama and Pakistani Premier Nawaz Sharif, posted on twitter, “I thank President of Nepal Shri Ram Baran Yadav, Prime Minister Shri Sushil Koirala & former PM Shri Baburam Bhattarai for their wishes. Nepal is an old & deeply valued friend. We are committed to strengthening our relations with Nepal in various spheres.”
Responding to Harper’s message, Modi tweeted, “Had a telephonic conversation with @pmharper. Thanked him for his wishes & talked about our commitment to strengthen India-Canada relations.” ENS
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest