Stating that BJP’s PM Narendra Modi alone has the capability and vision to lead the country as he is doing in Gujarat, state Revenue Minister Anandiben Patel on Saturday vouched for Modi as the future prime minister of India.
Speaking at the first core group meeting of All India Council of Mayors here, Patel also said that only Modi can make sure the Centre listens to issues raised by states. If voted to power, Modi would ensure the voices of the states are heard, she said, adding that as per her own experience as a state minister, the present government in the Centre did not follow the protocol of holding periodic meetings between crucial departments and the state ministers.
“The rights are there, but no one will offer them to you. You must take them,” said Patel about mayors’ complaints of short tenures and limited powers. “You should assert yourself. Use your vision for the good of your cities, plan ahead of your annual budgets, instead of complaining of lack of time for completing budgeted projects,” she said, adding that projects could be completed with due concentration irrespective of length of tenure. “Take your rights seriously, plan in advance and be assertive in exercising them instead of sulking over being taken for granted,” she said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Even as ministers, we go to Narendrabhai’s weekly Cabinet meetings prepared to face inquiries about our departments,” she said.