Stating that BJP’s PM Narendra Modi alone has the capability and vision to lead the country as he is doing in Gujarat, state Revenue Minister Anandiben Patel on Saturday vouched for Modi as the future prime minister of India.
Speaking at the first core group meeting of All India Council of Mayors here, Patel also said that only Modi can make sure the Centre listens to issues raised by states. If voted to power, Modi would ensure the voices of the states are heard, she said, adding that as per her own experience as a state minister, the present government in the Centre did not follow the protocol of holding periodic meetings between crucial departments and the state ministers.
“The rights are there, but no one will offer them to you. You must take them,” said Patel about mayors’ complaints of short tenures and limited powers. “You should assert yourself. Use your vision for the good of your cities, plan ahead of your annual budgets, instead of complaining of lack of time for completing budgeted projects,” she said, adding that projects could be completed with due concentration irrespective of length of tenure. “Take your rights seriously, plan in advance and be assertive in exercising them instead of sulking over being taken for granted,” she said.
“Even as ministers, we go to Narendrabhai’s weekly Cabinet meetings prepared to face inquiries about our departments,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More