In what may signal the focus areas of the new government, headed by PM-elect Narendra Modi, the tech-savvy four-time chief minister of Gujarat is already hard at work to build his team for his new job. Through his blog, Modi has called for people willing to work for him to express their interest through social media platforms.
Even as Wednesday morning saw Modi attending a special session of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly to bid farewell to the state, his social media team that currently operates out of Gandhinagar was already hard at work.
As the Chief Minister, Modi had launched initiatives like “CM fellowships” and calling for 100-hour internships from the youth, some of who later became part of the “Modi army”.
A link with the headlines ‘PM’s first step towards nation building’ was first posted on Facebook by BJP senior leader Subramaniam Swamy, which got shared and got more than 17,000 likes on the social media site on the first day itself.
Hailed as one of the first social media-savvy politicos seen in the Indian elections, Modi’s blog floated a “NaMo form’to enlist people interested in working with him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Interestingly, this “NaMo form” asks interested parties to fill out personal details like full name, email address, phone numbers, name of state and city, and age, among others, but did not include include a third gender option despite the latest SC ruling in April that exhorts the Centre to treat transgender as socially and economically backward and that they be allowed admission to educational institutions and given employment on the basis that they belonged to the third gender category.
While social media users can sign up online through their Facebook or Google+ account, a user can select from a slew of qualifications including company secretary, chartered accountant, B.Com, B Tech, LLB, MA, MBA, MCA, MDS, M Ed, MSC, M Tech, M Pharm, MSW, M Com, MBBS, MD, PGDCA, PhD, and a choice to select multiple entries.
The areas of interests listed in the form included Defence & Security, Economy and Finance, Engineering, Industry, IT, International Relations, Social Justice, Social Sciences, Urban Development, Work for Specially abled. Meanwhile, another column is set aside for skills including field surveys, research and analysis, writing with a space reserved for other options under an “Others”option.
“I want to be an agent of change , Ek Bharat, Shresht Bharat”screamed out of the blog link page that saw around 17,000 shares by evening . A large number of comments were also posted by NRIs who wanted to find out how they can enlist their services in this initiative.