State Congress president Arjun Modhwadia on Saturday likened BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to Mughal emperor Aurangazeb, when he said the Gujarat CM destroyed senior BJP leaders like Keshubhai Patel and Sanjay Joshi to ensure his unopposed rule.
Meanwhile, he defended his own party’s decision to replace Narendra Ravat with General Secretary Madhusudan Mistry as its Vadodara candidate. “Modi is the one who removed all opposition to his rule by political suppression of his seniors and others in Gujarat,” Modhwadia said.
He said that the way emperor Aurangazeb who suppressed all Opposition with an iron fist and even imprisoned his father, Modi killed all political opposition by crushing his seniors and other party colleagues like Keshubhai Patel, Suresh Mehta, Kashiram Rana, Dr A K Patel, Haren Pandya and Sanjay Joshi to ensure that there is no obstruction in his rule in Gujarat.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Modhwadia went on to say that after having full grip over the BJP at the national level, Modi has now turned to suppressing senior BJP leaders to ensure that there was no voice of dissent against him within the party.
“Modi forced L K Advani to contest from Gandhinagar though the veteran BJP leader wanted to fight from Bhopal; he forced veteran leader Murli Manohar Joshi to vacate his Varanasi seat for Modi himself and shift to Kanpur and created a situation for senior leader Jaswant Singh to contest as an Independent candidate. Such behaviour towards his senior party leaders is totally inhumane.
In fact, this behaviour is in contradiction to the Indian culture and tradition, and reminds us of Aurangazeb and the sultans of the medieval period,” said Modhwadia.
“However, when Narendra Modi declared his candidature from Vadodara as he felt unsure of his victory from Varanasi, Ravat himself decided that some Congress leader holding a national identity should contest against Modi,” said Modhwadia.