The Congress party’s new Lok Sabha candidate from Vadodara, Madhusudan Mistry, is gearing up to begin his election campaign from here. While Mistry will address a public rally in the city on March 30, his team of close aides have already arrived in the city to prepare the ground for canvassing.
Mistry’s personal team has begun gathering data related to the constituency for their campaign analysis with the help of the local Congress leaders. Mistry, who is in touch with the local Vadodara leaders, will address his first public rally as the Vadodara Lok Sabha candidate on March 30. It was originally to be held by Primaries winner Narendra Ravat. On Thursday, Mistry’s team of confidants collected the constituency voters’ list to evaluate it for campaign strategies.
The team met local Congress leaders, including city President Ravat, to seek their assistance in gathering the reports for the ground work before Mistry lands in Vadodara. According to GPCC leaders, Mistry is keen on giving Narendra Modi a tough fight and is expected to raise issues for which the local Congress leaders have been fighting.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Apart from this, Mistry will also cite the development growth rates in Vadodara as compared to other growing cities in the country to counter Modi’s claim of rapid development here. The figures show that the growth has not been all that great,” said a leader. According to sources, Mistry’s team has been designated the task of readying a strong ground campaign for him with a detailed study of issues that have most affected the constituency.
A source says, “Mistry is looking into the issues that the Congress has been advocating in Vadodara. These issues closely affect the people here. He will raise all these issues and demand a reply from Modi.” Congress leaders say that Mistry will camp in Vadodara from March 30 onwards and undertake a hectic campaign across the constituency.