Days after Rahul Gandhi accused the Narendra Modi government of “abetting and pushing the riots” of 2002, Congress general secretary Madhusudan Mistry has said that he suspected the Gujarat chief minister knew in advance about the 2002 Akshardham terror attack and the July 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts.
“The people [attackers] had come either to kill him [Modi] or to kill Advani or to kill someone else and they [the police] had instant information that they [attackers] were from Lashkar-e-Toiba or they were some other outfit and like (in the case of) Akshardham (attack) when it took place immediately it had come from the then home minister that it was this outfit from northern state which has come here and they attacked the Akshardham,” Mistry said at the Idea Exchange programme at The Indian Express on Thursday.
“I still have a doubt. The truth about Akshardham will never come out,” he said.
The Akshardham attack, Mistry said, took place “just a hundred yards from the chief minister’s residence”, and the police, which could detect people “who are about to come to kill him and before they attack(ed) they were killed… could not detect these people who had come all the way from Mumbai to attack Akshardham”.
Similarly, Mistry alleged, the police “had information” about the Ahmedabad blasts.
Asked if he was suggesting that Modi had a role in the attacks, he said, “I suspect [it]. He must be knowing it.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest