Days after Rahul Gandhi accused the Narendra Modi government of “abetting and pushing the riots” of 2002, Congress general secretary Madhusudan Mistry has said that he suspected the Gujarat chief minister knew in advance about the 2002 Akshardham terror attack and the July 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts.
“The people [attackers] had come either to kill him [Modi] or to kill Advani or to kill someone else and they [the police] had instant information that they [attackers] were from Lashkar-e-Toiba or they were some other outfit and like (in the case of) Akshardham (attack) when it took place immediately it had come from the then home minister that it was this outfit from northern state which has come here and they attacked the Akshardham,” Mistry said at the Idea Exchange programme at The Indian Express on Thursday.
“I still have a doubt. The truth about Akshardham will never come out,” he said.
The Akshardham attack, Mistry said, took place “just a hundred yards from the chief minister’s residence”, and the police, which could detect people “who are about to come to kill him and before they attack(ed) they were killed… could not detect these people who had come all the way from Mumbai to attack Akshardham”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
Similarly, Mistry alleged, the police “had information” about the Ahmedabad blasts.
Asked if he was suggesting that Modi had a role in the attacks, he said, “I suspect [it]. He must be knowing it.”