Thirteen persons, including two women, were admitted to the LG Hospital in Maninagar here after gas leakage near Nilkanth Mahadev temple in Vinzol area on Saturday. All victims complained of burning sensation and pain in the eyes. The gas leakage happened in a house in the early afternoon.
Doctors at the LG Hospital said that the victims would be kept under observation for next 48 hours to prevent any possible deterioration in their condition. Resident medical officer Dr Laxman Taviad said the victims were being treated by an eye surgeon. “All of them are out of danger now, but they will be discharged on Monday. No one faces any respiratory problem,” he said.
The victims have been identified as Ravindra Rathod (27), Raisinh Rathod (47), Dashrath Rathod (40), Mahendra Parekh (27), Sardarsinh Rathod (45), Devisinh Rathod (65), Janakben Rathod (51), Manjuben Rathod (56), Tushar Rathod (48), Rupsinh Rathod (45), Dinesh Parekh (45), Mahesh Rathod (24) and Lalsinh Rathod.
The gas leakage, believed to be methane, originated from a drainage line near the house, sources said.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now