A man was allegedly torched outside a city police station on Monday morning, while running into the police station shouting for help. He was later rushed to the LG Hospital in Maninagar for treatment. The man alleges that the police personnel torched him.
The victim, identified as Mushtaq Asgharali Ghadiyali, a resident of Vatva, lives with his wife and two kids. He allegedly had a fight with the woman identified as Sangeeta, also a resident of the same four-storied building where he also stays.
The Vatva police and Mushtaq have given different versions of the incident. Both are levying allegations against each other.
Mushtaq, whose undergoing treatment for burns, told police that Sangeeta alias Madina runs a sex trade racket in the area. He had earlier also complained to the police but he was shown the doors.
The family members of Mushtaq further told police that Sangeeta had reportedly levied allegations on his wife of having illicit relations with a few men. This had led to the enmity between Mushtaq and Sangeeta, who is currently on the run.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Vatva police station official said that they had rushed to help out Mushtaq after he was torched and ran into the police station for help. They claimed that Mushtaq was making wild allegations.
Sub-Inspector MR Parmar, who is probing the case said, “It’s a fight between Mushtaq and Sangeeta who have made cross complaints against each other. Earlier, they had even fought at the police station where she had complained that he had attempted to torch her.
Mushtaq’s version is that he was going in an autorickshaw this morning, when two persons, who he claims were police constables, poured kerosene on him and set him on fire. This is completely false”.
The residents of the building told police that Sangeeta has absconded from the spot after she heard about Mushtaq’s incident. However, the police claimed that she is out with her husband on a ‘religious tour’.
The police added that two persons, who are yet to be unidentified, attempted to kill him. However, they weren’t from the Vatva police station.
Mushtaq’s family and neighbours complained to police that Sangeeta has been a nuisance in the area for at least an year. They supported Mushtaq’s statements that she is a sex worker and runs a sex racket there. The Vatva police have been shielding her as they too have relations with her, residents told police.
When contacted, DCP Zone VIII PC Baranda said, “He is making false claims and why would the police torch him? He has been having an enmity with Sangeeta and also his wife with whom he has troubled relations. They both have been fighting for the possession of the house in that building. He has been attacked but certainly not by police”.