A lawyer was arrested Wednesday in connection with the murder of the son of state Shiv Sena vice-president in Ankeleshwar recently.
The victim’s stepmother and a security guard have already been arrested for their alleged role in the murder on September 24.
Police said advocate Anant Pokhriyal was apprehended for “providing” a chemical substance which was used to make victim Vivek Patil (18) unconscious before he was strangulated allegedly by his step mother Rohini Patil with help from security guard Sudhakar Shimpi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch What Else Is making News
After Vivek’s mother and Sena leader Satish Patil’s first wife Lataben filed a missing complaint with police, the boy’s body was discovered from the backyard of the family’s bungalow in Ankeleshwar.
According to investigators, Rohini plotted to kill Vivek following a feud with his mother Lataben. Both wives of Satish Patil used to stay in the same bungalow.
“Advocate Anant Pokhriyal was friend of Satish Patel and he used to look after all the Sena leader’s legal matters. However, in the past few months, Satish’s friendship with Anant had become strained. Rohini, however, secretly continued her friendship with Anand and they used to talk over phone regularly. Anant had provided a chemical powder through which Vivek was made unconscious before he was strangulated to death,” said Ankleshwar GIDC police inspector R K Dodhiya.