Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Keriwal is visiting Ahmedabad on March 8. This is his first visit to Gujarat after AAP’s victory in Delhi Assembly elections. However, the party here has yet not finalised the programmes for him.
State AAP convener Sukhdev Patel told The Indian Express that the party earlier requested two-day visit of Kejriwal on March 8 and 9. But Kejriwal already has a programme at Mathura in UP on March 9.
Asked what would be the party’s programmes when Kejriwal arrives here, Patel said that his visit was confirmed Wednesday afternoon, so the plans were yet to be chalked out. However, Patel said that Kejriwal’s visit was in connection with the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. He said that the party was planning to field candidates from all the 26 LS seats.
“We have conducted interviews of the aspirants for different seats and sent the names of the candidates to the central party leadership for their decision,” said Patel. Ever since AAP won Delhi elections, Kejriwal has been targeting Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi. He is also targeting Modi on the issue of corruption and governance.
After resigning as Delhi CM, Kejriwal had shot off a letter to Modi seeking his stand on KG Basin gas pricing issue involving Reliance chairman Mukesh Ambani.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016