A special CBI court on Friday slapped a penalty on a lawyer for being absent in court in connection with the hearing on the Ishrat Jahan encounter case. The court was to hear the argument of Gopinath Pillai’s lawyer against the clean chit given to BJP general secretary Amit Shah and former DGP K R Kaushik by the CBI for not making them accused in the case.
Earlier this week, the CBI had filed its reply giving clean chit to Shah stating that it didn’t have sufficient evidence against him. Following the reply, the court had granted permission to the complainant for the argument. Following which advocate Shamshad Pathan, who represents Pillai in the case, had informed the court that his senior would argue the case.
The court had scheduled the case for hearing on May 9. However, Pathan remained absent and his colleague sought time from the court. This was objected by the CBI as well as counsels of Shah and Kaushik. The court pulled up Pillai’s lawyer and slapped a penalty of Rs 500 on Pathan for non-appearance.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Geeta Gopi posted the hearing on May 12, while imposing the fine. Pillai’s son Pranesh alias Javed Sheikh was killed in the alleged encounter along with Ishrat Jahan, Jeeshan Johar and Amjadali Rana in 2004.
The CBI filed two chargesheets against 11 policemen including suspended ADGP P P Pandey, D G Vanzara, G L Singhal, former special director of IB Rajendra Kumar and three others.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More