The Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case was transferred to another CBI special judge Tuesday after the existing judge recused from hearing the case. On February 11, the special judge V B Gohil had recused from the case, citing personal reasons and had adjourned the case till May 30. On Tuesday, the case was assigned to another special judge S J Raje.
- Did my duty, punishment in God’s hands, says Karnataka HC judge after he resigns
- Ishrat jahan case: Court allows ex-cop Vanzara to return home after nine years
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: Vanzara writes to CBI for early hearing in Ishrat case
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: Vanzara to press for modification in bail plea to enter Gujarat
- Ishrat Jahan case trial stuck for two years in Ahmedabad civil court
- Ishrat encounter case: Gujarat HC judge recuses to hear accused cop's plea
Although no official confirmation could be sought from the court, sources said that case has been assigned to Raje. This case is pending before the special court on the stage of framing of charges for the past one-and-a-half year. Earlier last week, one of the accused D G Vanzara’s lawyer V D Gajjar had approached the special judge with an application which was not accepted by the court.
Gajjar said that he was not aware if the case has been assigned to any other judge.
Meanwhile, raking up the Ishrat encounter case in Rajya Sabha Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Tuesday accused Congress of “colluding” with the accused and “unbaring” national security apparatus in the case to “fix” Narendra Modi.