Chief minister Narendra Modi on Friday sought to cast himself as a poor man, a servant of the people, who has risen to prominence due to the strong democracy in the country, in the course of a pre-election rally in this north Karnataka town.
Speaking to a large crowd in a region where the BJP has traditionally enjoyed a strong support base, Modi referred to himself and said that if democracy had not become so deep-rooted in India then “a boy who sold tea would not be before you today”.
Modi attacked the Congress for not being able to provide security to women in New Delhi. “We are intent on including women in growth. We give the guarantee of providing security to women. The yardstick for progress in a country is how safe are its women,” Modi said.
Earlier, speaking at a rally at Gulberga, Modi claimed that an anti-Congress storm was brewing in the country which could strike like a tsunami at the time of the polls. “People of the country have understood that the reason for their troubles is the Congress party. For the poor, youth and farmers, the most important thing is to uproot the Congress,” he said. Referring to eminent jurist Fali S Nariman’s refusal to be part of the Lokpal search committee, Modi said this was proof of “corrupt Congress politics”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More