The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday issued a notice to the state government following a bail petition filed by Asaram in the rape case lodged against him by a Surat-based girl.
Asaram, who is lodged at Jodhpur jail in Rajasthan in a separate case, was chargesheeted by a special investigation team in January before a Gandhinagar district court. He has contended in his bail that the FIR against him was filed after a gap of 12 years from the alleged incident and therefore the allegations against him are false.
Besides, he has stated that there is contradiction in the statement of the complainant. He said claimed that the complaint of the victim and the statement recorded before a magistrate don’t match. Besides, key witnesses have not been named as witness in the chargesheet.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
The court has adjourned the matter for further hearing on August 21.
Earlier last week, Asaram’s son Narayan Sai’s bail was rejected by the High Court in a similar rape case. One of Sai’s co-accused was granted bail.