The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday issued a notice to the state government following a bail petition filed by Asaram in the rape case lodged against him by a Surat-based girl.
Asaram, who is lodged at Jodhpur jail in Rajasthan in a separate case, was chargesheeted by a special investigation team in January before a Gandhinagar district court. He has contended in his bail that the FIR against him was filed after a gap of 12 years from the alleged incident and therefore the allegations against him are false.
Besides, he has stated that there is contradiction in the statement of the complainant. He said claimed that the complaint of the victim and the statement recorded before a magistrate don’t match. Besides, key witnesses have not been named as witness in the chargesheet.
The court has adjourned the matter for further hearing on August 21.
Earlier last week, Asaram’s son Narayan Sai’s bail was rejected by the High Court in a similar rape case. One of Sai’s co-accused was granted bail.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More