The Gujarat High Court on Thursday stayed the proceeding of a case filed against two doctors practising at a private health centre, Sterling Hospital, for the their alleged criminal negligence during the hip surgery of IPS officer Satish Verma last year.
Verma, who hit the headlines for investigating the Ishrat Jahan encounter case, had filed a case before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (Ahmedabad rural) against the hospital, two doctors and several other staff for negligence during the operation.
The lower court has so far issued process to the doctors, against which they approached the High Court. The doctor-duo, including Rikin Shah, had appealed in the High Court, seeking quashing of the case as well as for a stay against any further proceedings in this case.
They had stated that there is no evidence suggesting that there had been any negligence on their part. Verma had fallen in the bathroom and had to be admitted to the hospital, where he underwent hip surgery. He had alleged that due to the surgery he developed a limp, with his left leg becoming shorter than his right.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More