The Gujarat High Court on Thursday issued a notice to CEPT University, following a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging the closure of a course on climate change. The court also asked the university to reply within 15 days.
Petitioners Chirag Shashtri and Mitesh Bhuva, former students of the university, had filed a PIL, seeking reinstatement of the climate change course that the university’s executive council had shut down. It also appealed to the court to order the varsity to initiate the admission procedure for the course along with the rest of the subjects that were terminated at the same time. It also sought for publication of advertisements to attract students with immediate effect.
Shastri is a first-batch M Tech graduate from Climate Change and Sustainable Development under the Faculty of Sustainable Environment and Climate Change. The first batch began in 2010. On the other hand, Mitesh is 2013 batch graduate.
Earlier, both had filed six RTIs in this connection, along with other courses like Masters in Technology Management and a part-time MBA in Infrastructure Management in 2013.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016