The Gujarat High Court on Thursday issued a notice to CEPT University, following a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging the closure of a course on climate change. The court also asked the university to reply within 15 days.
Petitioners Chirag Shashtri and Mitesh Bhuva, former students of the university, had filed a PIL, seeking reinstatement of the climate change course that the university’s executive council had shut down. It also appealed to the court to order the varsity to initiate the admission procedure for the course along with the rest of the subjects that were terminated at the same time. It also sought for publication of advertisements to attract students with immediate effect.
Shastri is a first-batch M Tech graduate from Climate Change and Sustainable Development under the Faculty of Sustainable Environment and Climate Change. The first batch began in 2010. On the other hand, Mitesh is 2013 batch graduate.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Earlier, both had filed six RTIs in this connection, along with other courses like Masters in Technology Management and a part-time MBA in Infrastructure Management in 2013.