The Gujarat High Court on Friday granted permission for Baba Ramdev’s “Free Yoga Shibirs” in Vadodara and Ahmedabad on April 26 and 27, respectively.
While hearing two petitions filed by one Ramdev-run trust, challenging the Election Commission’s decision to withdraw the yoga camps, the court gave organisers the permission on conditions that there shouldn’t be any political activity in the events.
Initially, the EC had granted them permission. However, after receiving complaints from some political parties stating that it would probably violate model code of conduct, the EC had withdrawn its permission.
The trust assured the court that no political speech would be delivered and no political person would be invited to the camps. It also assured that the camps would be video-graphed and a copy of the same would be provided to the police commissioners of Vadodara and Ahmedabad.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review