The Gujarat High Court on Friday granted permission for Baba Ramdev’s “Free Yoga Shibirs” in Vadodara and Ahmedabad on April 26 and 27, respectively.
While hearing two petitions filed by one Ramdev-run trust, challenging the Election Commission’s decision to withdraw the yoga camps, the court gave organisers the permission on conditions that there shouldn’t be any political activity in the events.
Initially, the EC had granted them permission. However, after receiving complaints from some political parties stating that it would probably violate model code of conduct, the EC had withdrawn its permission.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The trust assured the court that no political speech would be delivered and no political person would be invited to the camps. It also assured that the camps would be video-graphed and a copy of the same would be provided to the police commissioners of Vadodara and Ahmedabad.