Harin Pathak, a seven-time member of Parliament from Ahmedabad, has been asked to take up campaign work for his mentor L K Advani who is fighting for the Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat.
The BJP high command also asked him to help campaign work in Vadodara and Varanasi constituency. Pathak, who was replaced by actor Paresh Rawal in Ahmedabad East seat, was reportedly facing embarrassment over campaigning for the candidate who has replaced him.
So, to avoid a situation where he would be canvassing for Rawal before his own loyal voters and party workers, the party leaders in Delhi have worked out the alternative plan for him which he could not refuse.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pathak has already addressed a couple of public meetings in Kalol, Sanand and Gandhinagar while at the fourth venue in Vejalpur, his event was put off. He will be shuttling between Gandhinagar (constituency) and Vadodara till this month and then will move to Varanasi for Modi campaign.
“I have no choice of time or venue of meetings or other programmes. The party informs me of the next day’s events where I am required, a day before,” he said.
This is going to keep him busy throughout the campaign and it will not give him time to stay in Ahmedabad or interact with Rawal.
Asked if it did not look like he was being kept out of Ahmedabad deliberately to ensure a smooth campaign for Rawal, he said that he was to go by the mandate the party gave him. “Why Ahmedabad, the whole Gujarat is mine and I could go anywhere, but the party instructions have to be followed,” he said.
Are you happy with the way he was replaced by Rawal despite winning for a record seven times from Ahmedabad, and if he saw a connection between ticket denial and campaign assignments away from Ahmedabad, he said, “There is no connection between these two things. I will work as a party workers wherever and whenever asked to.”