Harin Pathak, a seven-time member of Parliament from Ahmedabad, has been asked to take up campaign work for his mentor L K Advani who is fighting for the Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat.
The BJP high command also asked him to help campaign work in Vadodara and Varanasi constituency. Pathak, who was replaced by actor Paresh Rawal in Ahmedabad East seat, was reportedly facing embarrassment over campaigning for the candidate who has replaced him.
So, to avoid a situation where he would be canvassing for Rawal before his own loyal voters and party workers, the party leaders in Delhi have worked out the alternative plan for him which he could not refuse.
Pathak has already addressed a couple of public meetings in Kalol, Sanand and Gandhinagar while at the fourth venue in Vejalpur, his event was put off. He will be shuttling between Gandhinagar (constituency) and Vadodara till this month and then will move to Varanasi for Modi campaign.
“I have no choice of time or venue of meetings or other programmes. The party informs me of the next day’s events where I am required, a day before,” he said.
This is going to keep him busy throughout the campaign and it will not give him time to stay in Ahmedabad or interact with Rawal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Asked if it did not look like he was being kept out of Ahmedabad deliberately to ensure a smooth campaign for Rawal, he said that he was to go by the mandate the party gave him. “Why Ahmedabad, the whole Gujarat is mine and I could go anywhere, but the party instructions have to be followed,” he said.
Are you happy with the way he was replaced by Rawal despite winning for a record seven times from Ahmedabad, and if he saw a connection between ticket denial and campaign assignments away from Ahmedabad, he said, “There is no connection between these two things. I will work as a party workers wherever and whenever asked to.”