A 15-year-old girl student of an ashram shala (residential school) in Vapi taluka of Gujarat’s Valsad district has alleged that she was drugged and sexually molested by a school teacher. Valsad district police have started an inquiry into the student’s allegations. The victim, who came first in the district-level athletics tournament in Valsad a couple of months ago, is a Class 10 student at the ashram school in an interior village in the district.
When she was home on Diwali vacations, the teenager told her parents that she was sexually abused by a school teacher who “drugged” her. Her parents took her to the Valsad Civil hospital and got her admitted there.
Her family members made representations to Valsad District Collector Remaya Mohan, who ordered the police to probe the incident.
Police sources said that doctors carried out her medical tests and she is also being treated by psychiatrics as her mental condition is not stable.
The Valsad police took her statements on Friday in which she alleged that for the last couple of months, a teacher at the ashram had been molesting her after drugging her with some tablets.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Talking to The Sunday Express, Valsad Superintendent of Police Premveer Singh said, “At present, we are investigating on the basis of the girl’s statements. We have also taken the statements of her parents. The girl had undergone medical examination in the hospital and reports are awaited. At present, it is difficult to say anything on this issue. Once we get medical reports, we could say something.”
He further added, “The victim is under mental trauma. We are waiting for her to become normal. It will take a couple of days. We will also visit the school and talk to her friends and other students.”