A labourer from Madhya Pradesh who was working in a cement factory in Amreli district allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself inside the public toilet at the central bus station of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) in Bhavnagar late on Monday evening, police said. Police said an unidentified man closed himself in the toilet at around 7 pm on Monday and turned the water tap on. The tap remained open for half-an-hour. As water kept on flowing for minutes, the sweeper at the toilet blocks asked the man repeatedly to turn the tap off. But the man did not respond.
“Eventually, the sweeper climbed up a wall and peeped inside the toilet. He found that the man was hanging by a towel tied to the window in the toilet. He immediately informed the local officers of GSRTC at bus depot. They kicked the door open, helped the man on the ground and also called the emergency service 108. But doctor of the emergency service declared the man dead,” assistant sub-inspector of Nilambaug police in Bhavnagar, Jaydevsinh Gohil said.
Police said nothing was found from the man except a travelling ticket. “The ticket issued by GSRTC mentioned Kovaya, a place in Amreli where Ultratech cement has a plant. On the back of that ticket, a contact number was also written. We have been trying to contact that number. But suicide note or any identity card has been recovered from his clothes,” Gohil further said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Later on Tuesday evening, the man was identified as Vikramsinh Gaud (30), a native Unchehara block of Satna district in Madhya Pradesh. “He had come to work in Kovaya plant of Ultratech in Amreli district around three months ago. But he left the work at the Kovaya plant on October 8 telling fellow workers he was not enjoying the work and wanted to return home. He spent two days in Bhavnagar before committing suicide, ostensibly due to financial constraints,” Gohil further said.
His body has been kept in the morgue of Sir T General Hospital in Bhavnagar city and police said they have managed to establish contact with Gaud’s relatives.