With just four months to go before the seventh edition of the high-profile Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit and Pravasi Bharatiya Divas gets underway in the state, Gujarat government on Monday made some crucial changes including transferring 26 IAS officers and appointing female counterparts as heads of the all-important Industries Commissionerate and Tourism department.
Mamta Verma, who was the Special Commissioner for Commercial Tax, Ahmedabad has been appointed as the new Industries Commissioner at Gandhinagar. Kamal Dayani who earlier held this post will now function as the Commissioner of Transport, stated an official release from the General Administration department.
In another crucial move, the state government has appointed Sonal Mishra as the new secretary for Tourism, Devasthanam Management & Pilgrimage. Mishra was Commissioner, Employment & Training & Ex-officio MD, Gujarat Skill Development Mission. Vipul Mitra who held his post earlier and had ran the much-hyped “Khushboo Gujarat Ki” campaign with Bollywood star Amitabh Bacchan has been shunted out and appointed as the director general of Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (SPIPA) at Ahmedabad.
The move to appoint female heads to these two bodies comes at a time when the state’s first female chief minister Anandiben Patel prepares to host the Vibrant Gujarat summit with seven partner countries, along with the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in January 2015.
Among the other important decisions, is the transfer of JN Singh, managing director of Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd as the Additional Chief Secretary to the revenue department. DJ Pandian, Additional Chief Secretary (ACS), Energy & Petrochemicals Department has been transferred and appointed as ACS, Industries & Mines department.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meanwhile, L Chuango, principal secretary, finance department has been appointed as the new principal secretary of Energy and Petrochemicals Department.
The managing director of GUVNL (Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd) at Vadodara has been transferred and appointed as Principal secretary, Ports & Transport Department at Gandhinagar.
Anil Mukim, principal secretary, revenue department has also been transferred and appointed as principal secretary Health & Family Welfare Department.
The director general of SPIPA, Pankaj Kumar has been transferred as the vice-chairman and managing director of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC), while Anju Sharma, commissioner of Women & Child Development has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority.
Arvind Agarwal, additional chief secretary, tribal development department will be the new principal secretary, education department (primary and secondary education), while Mukesh Puri who headed GSRTC will be the principal secretary, education department (Higher and Technical Education).
Jayanti Ravi, commissioner of Technical Education has been appointed as Commissioner of Labour, the release added.