With just four months to go before the seventh edition of the high-profile Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit and Pravasi Bharatiya Divas gets underway in the state, Gujarat government on Monday made some crucial changes including transferring 26 IAS officers and appointing female counterparts as heads of the all-important Industries Commissionerate and Tourism department.
Mamta Verma, who was the Special Commissioner for Commercial Tax, Ahmedabad has been appointed as the new Industries Commissioner at Gandhinagar. Kamal Dayani who earlier held this post will now function as the Commissioner of Transport, stated an official release from the General Administration department.
In another crucial move, the state government has appointed Sonal Mishra as the new secretary for Tourism, Devasthanam Management & Pilgrimage. Mishra was Commissioner, Employment & Training & Ex-officio MD, Gujarat Skill Development Mission. Vipul Mitra who held his post earlier and had ran the much-hyped “Khushboo Gujarat Ki” campaign with Bollywood star Amitabh Bacchan has been shunted out and appointed as the director general of Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (SPIPA) at Ahmedabad.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The move to appoint female heads to these two bodies comes at a time when the state’s first female chief minister Anandiben Patel prepares to host the Vibrant Gujarat summit with seven partner countries, along with the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in January 2015.
Among the other important decisions, is the transfer of JN Singh, managing director of Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd as the Additional Chief Secretary to the revenue department. DJ Pandian, Additional Chief Secretary (ACS), Energy & Petrochemicals Department has been transferred and appointed as ACS, Industries & Mines department.
Meanwhile, L Chuango, principal secretary, finance department has been appointed as the new principal secretary of Energy and Petrochemicals Department.
The managing director of GUVNL (Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd) at Vadodara has been transferred and appointed as Principal secretary, Ports & Transport Department at Gandhinagar.
Anil Mukim, principal secretary, revenue department has also been transferred and appointed as principal secretary Health & Family Welfare Department.
The director general of SPIPA, Pankaj Kumar has been transferred as the vice-chairman and managing director of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC), while Anju Sharma, commissioner of Women & Child Development has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority.
Arvind Agarwal, additional chief secretary, tribal development department will be the new principal secretary, education department (primary and secondary education), while Mukesh Puri who headed GSRTC will be the principal secretary, education department (Higher and Technical Education).
Jayanti Ravi, commissioner of Technical Education has been appointed as Commissioner of Labour, the release added.