IN AN important development, the state government announced to regularise services of 165 fixed-salaried employees and daily wagers of Junagadh Municipal Corporation (JMC) by relaxing eligibility criteria Friday.
“Gujarat CM has decided to regularise daily wagers & fixed pay workers of #Junagadh Municipal Corp and to give exemption in age & educational criteria,” read a tweet posted on the official twitter handle of CM Vijay Rupani.
A poster tagged to the tweet further stated, “With an approach prioritising interests of karmayogis (workers), the state government has decided to regularise services of 165 fixed-pay workers and daily wager of Junagadh Municipal Corporation (JMC).”
Junagadh Mayor Jitu Hirapara said that the announcement was a Diwali gift by the government to the Class-IV employees and daily wagers of JMC. “We had sent a proposal to the state government last year, requesting to regularise services of 365 employees and daily wagers who have been working with the JMC for the last 21 years. The government fixed education till Class-VIII and age less than 50 years as the minimum eligibility and regularised services of around 200 employees who met the criteria last year itself. But 119 employees who had studied more than Class-IV but less and Class-VIII and 46 others who had crossed the age limit of 50 were left out. We sent another proposal around three months ago, seeking relaxation in eligibility criteria as the employees in question had been working for more than two decades. The government has granted our request and given Diwali gift to workers,” Hirapara said. With this, the mayor added, services of all Class-IV employees like peons and daily wagers like sweepers have been regularised.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More