A major reshuffle is expected in the state and the district units of Gujarat Congress next week in view of the Assembly elections in 2017. State party president Bharatsinh Solanki said that restructuring will be done to distribute additional work in view of the polls.
While some new faces will be inducted in the Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee, a few district party presidents may be replaced. Some districts presidents may be elevated and get assignments in the state unit of the party. Solanki said that new committees will also be formed in view of the requirement for the elections.
Prominent among those being considered to be inducted in the GPCC are president of Ahmedabad District and City Congress Committee(ADCCC) Chetan Raval, Rajkot City Congress president Kunvarji Bavaliya and chairman of the GPCC’s publicity committee Vijay Dave.
While Raval is likely to be appointed GPCC’s general secretary and given some important assignment, Bavaliya may be inducted as vice-president and Dave become general secretary. Bavaliya has earlier been GPCC’s executive president and he is being inducted in GPCC again, in an attempt to mollify him.
He had expressed his resentment against the party leadership as he felt sidelined and recently launched a yatra in Saurashtra.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Former BJP MLA Jitu Patel, who joined Congress on the eve of 2012 Assembly elections, is likely to be appointed as GPCC’s chief spokesperson.
Raval, when asked about the changes in the offing, said he had no idea about it. “But, I am ready to work in any capacity the party wants to utilise my services,” said Raval.
According to sources, there are at least three contenders — Pankaj Patel, Shashikant Patel and Rajesh Brahmbhatt alias Bhurabhai for ADCCC president’s post.
Besides ADCCC president, presidents of Rajkot, Botad, Panchmahals and Surendranagar districts and those of Junagadh and Vadodara city Congress are also likely to be replaced. It is, however, not clear if the existing presidents of these districts would be given some new assignments.