After a struggle of nearly one month at Satyagraha Chhavni, four Dalit families of Vadli village of Rajula taluka in Amreli district, who had migrated from their village after one of their young daughters was allegedly raped by a local upper-caste men of Darbar community in December last year, have received residential plots. The land was allotted by the state revenue department.
The girl was allegedly picked from her house and raped on December 25 last year, following which an FIR was registered against two persons. On December 31, however, one of the relatives of the accused had allegedly threatened the victim’s family for getting the FIR registered. Following the alleged threat, the four families had migrated from Vadli village and took shelter outside Amreli Collectorate, seeking alternate accommodation and demanding to be declared ‘hijrati’ or forced migrants. In July this year, the state government had declared the four families ‘hijrati’.
However, their demand to get alternate accommodation remained unresolved. One of the uncles of the victim had joined a group of Dalits from different parts of Saurashtra region at Satyagraha Chhavni here and started a protest fast in September.
Ahmedabad-based human rights activist, Raju Solanki, who has been helping the protesting families said, “Following the one-month long protest in Gandhinagar, the state revenue department has conditionally allocated four plots of land at Babra town in Amreli district (of 100 square metre each) to the four families. The four families have to surrender their residences at Vadli with the state government.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More