Vadodara Mayor Bharat Shah turned Good Samaritan on Tuesday by lending a helping hand to victims of an accident. In the morning, while he was on his way to a private function, Shah witnessed an accident that involved a straight collision of about five vehicles on the Jail Road. An auto-rickshaw carrying two lady passengers suffered the maximum impact, with the women sustaining grievous injuries. Shah, who was also accompanied by BJP city president Bharat Dangar, immediately rushed the two bleeding ladies to the SSG hospital in the mayor’s car. Shah said, “Looking at the traffic congestion, we knew it would be difficult for an ambulance to reach. At that point, there was no other option, but to rush the two women to the hospital urgently and I only did what was right.” Shah had to miss the private functions that he was invited for, but he has “no regrets”.
The President of Surat Chapter of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI), Velji Sheta, was stumped recently while addressing a press conference to announce the three-day Superhit Surat Property Festival, starting on Friday at Sarsaana in Surat. Addressing mediapersons, Sheta started his speech by saying that Surat was the fourth largest growing city in the world and that there were only one lakh houses in the city against the demand of four lakh houses. His address was followed by a question-answer session. If Surat was the fourth largest growing city of the world, which were the top three cities? asked a journalist. The question not just stumped Sheta, but others present on the dais, who struggled to look for the answer. Sheta finally replied that they did not have the answer and would inform the media later.
Avid avian lover
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
During the fourth Global Bird Watching Conference in Adalaj near Ahmedabad on Sunday, Tourism Minister Saurabh Patel made a special mention of how he shares his house with dozens of avians. “We have 20 nests in my house and every morning when my wife opens the window, she searches for a new guest. It is really surprising to see her enthusiasm and interest towards these little beautiful creatures as she recognises each one of them and is always ready with her camera as soon as a new guest makes an entry into the family. Now, even I have started recognising male and female among them with the colour of their beaks and heads,” he said. He left the audience surprised when he named a few birds.