Police in Anand arrested three persons on Wednesday, a day after a communal clash broke out in Peeth area of Khambat city.
According to the FIR, the violence was triggered after alleged eve-teasing by a group of boys. “Soon, a mob gathered and the fight took a communal angle with both groups beginning to pelt stones at one another. A mob set several privately owned shops on fire, spreading panic in the area,” a police official said.
The mob also set on fire a dargah and a temple, and fire department personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames. Several two wheelers, tyres and handcarts were also consigned to flames by the mob.
Senior police officials said that police units were rushed to the spot to bring the protesters under control. However, the mob also attacked police officers, injuring two constables on duty. Both constables were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment, while police lobbed several rounds of tear gas shells to disperse the mob.
According to police, uneasy clam prevailed in the locality on Wednesday. Several police teams along with four SRPF companies have been deployed in the area.
A police officer from Khambat city police station said, “We have arrested several persons identified from the CCTV footage available in the area. We are also looking out for more people who instigated this violence.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Those arrested have been identified as Mohammed Yasin Janu Sheikh, Mohammed Shakeel Abdul Sheikh, and Ejaz Hanif Sheikh. They have been booked under IPC Sections 143 (unlawful assembly), 147 (rioting), 148 (rioting armed with deadly weapon), 149 (common intent), 395 (dacoity), 397 (conjointly committing dacoity), 307 (attempt to murder), 337 (endangering personal safety of others), 435 (mischief by fire or explosive substance with an intent to cause damage) and 436 (mischief by fire or explosive substance with an intent to cause damage to house).