Sub-inspector C B Jadeja, who has been accused of demanding a bribe of Rs 11 lakh for compromising a case under the prohibition Act recently, on Friday withdrew anticipatory bail application after the city crime branch told a local court that, presently, it does not intend to arrest her.
Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia had alleged that the police officer demanded the bribe after his son Parth and 24 others were arrested Sunday for allegedly consuming liquor during a party in Satellite area of the city. A police team, led by Jadeja, had raided the party.
- Calcutta HC directs Bengal police not to arrest Mukul Roy
- Recuperating Pravin Togadia gets support from unlikely allies-Hardik Patel, Congress
- Gujarat Congress demands inquiry into Pravin Togadia’s allegations
- AIADMK-EC bribery case: Delhi HC reserves order on middleman’s bail plea
- Liquor raid: Modhwadia releases audio tape, alleges sub-inspector demanded bribe
- Ex-Gujarat Congress chief Modhwadia’s son, 24 others held for consuming liquor
Modhwadia also released an audio clip to support his allegation. Subsequently, a complaint was filed against Jadeja at Satellite police station.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
Jadeja’s lawyer Chetan Raval said, “Today, police made a statement that they did not intend to arrest her since her voice samples were yet to be collected. They also gave and undertaking that before arresting her, they will inform her 10 days in advance.”