In one of the biggest movement of auto-ancillary units to a single location in the country, over 15 vendors of automobile manufacturer, Ford Motors — including those from US, France and Germany — have moved to Sanand in Gujarat. This according to Gujarat government officials is singular largest movement of auto ancillary units into the state after Tata Motors vendors shifted to Sanand six years ago.
The Ford vendors together have invested close to Rs 500 crore and have taken up over 130 acres of land within the Ford Vendor Park within Sanand GIDC estate, figures sourced by The Indian Express from the state government reveal. The influx of the vendors, most of whom are multinational companies, comes at a time when Ford Motors plans to commission $ 1 billion plant at state’s emerging automobile hub by the end of 2014.
“About 15 vendors of Ford have come to Sanand investing close to Rs 500 crore for their new units. This is the single largest movement of auto-ancillary units into Gujarat after vendors of Tata Motors moved from Singur in West Bengal to Sanand few years back,” said a senior state government official referring to the 30-odd vendors of Tata Motors who had shifted to Sanand, about 40 km from Ahmedabad.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Among the 13 Ford vendors, who have already taken up space inside the Ford Vendor Park specially created on 200 acres of land in Sanand, includes Getrag Transmission India Pvt Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of 80-year-old German firm Getrag that is among the biggest Ford vendors to have come to Sanand so far. Getrag has acquired over 1.45 lakh square meters of land (about 36 acres) with the Sanand GIDC with an investment of Rs 159 crore.
Another German automotive supplier, Cosma International having presence in over 29 countries, will be setting up base on 35,000 sq mtrs of land in Sanand. Cosma International, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world’s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to our OEM customers.
Even the French have decided to set up base in Gujarat. Valeo India Pvt Ltd, which has acquired over 60,700 sq mtrs of land, while another French vendor of Ford that has decided to pitch tent is Noble Automotive. It has acquired over 20,300 square meters of space. Apart from the French, London-based Lord Swaraj Paul-promoted Caparo Engineering who is also a Ford vendor has taken up 39,900 sq mtrs of land in Sanand. Caparo is already present at Kalol near the General Motors plant in Gujarat.
Among the Indians vendors, who have taken up space, include JBM Autosystem Pvt Ltd (a Tier-I supplier to automotive OEM industry and caters to companies like Ford, General Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Toyota and others), Mahabal Metals and Indica Industries.
“There are some Ford vendors who have acquired land outside the Ford Vendor park in Sanand for the ease of doing business with other auto companies as well,” said Nirav Kothary, the head of industrial real estate of Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), a global real estate consultant. “This is one of the largest movement of auto-ancillary units after vendors of Tata Motors shifted to Sanand few years back,” said Kothary.