BJP party workers in Vadodara are planning a grand celebration on May 26, when Narendra Modi will be sworn in as the prime minister of the country, calling the day a “Vadodara Pride Day”.
The party has appealed to the people of the city to join them in the celebration, which is expected to be held in the likes of Diwali — the festival of lights that marks Ram’s return to Ayodhya after slaying Ravana.
“The city BJP appealed to Barodians to celebrate the swearing-in of Narendra Modi on May 26 with the same zeal as was shown by the people of Ayodhya to mark the return of Lord Rama after killing Ravana,” the party stated in a press release issued on Sunday. “Barodians have made the city proud by ensuring a record victory for Narendra Modi. It goes to show the people’s immense love and respect for him,” it added.
A detailed day-long plan has been chalked out for Monday. The celebrations will include, among other things, recital of Sundar Kand(devotional song) at a Lord Hanuman temple, a group aarti, and a maha aartiat different venues in the city. The day will begin with Sundar Kand recital at a temple near the city’s Sursagar Lake at 8 am.
Ward-level party workers have been given charge of celebration that will include distribution of sweets, lighting of fire crackers, DJ dance party, pencil-notebook and chocolate distribution to school students, and Shehnai-wadan. “We appeal to Barodians to light up earthen lamps in their homes, burst firecrackers and distribute sweets,” state finance minister Saurabh Patel said while addressing a press conference on Sunday.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Members of Swaminarayan sect will organise a devotional yagna, group aarti and a mass breakfast programme at yet another venue in Manjalpur area. Huge 70 mm screens have been set up at two venues where the swearing-in will be telecast live for people. The venues will also have arrangement for fire crackers and sweets distribution.