Over 1,200 persons residing in low-lying areas of Bharuch had to be evacuated after incessant rainfall flooded the Narmada river,even as floods claimed two lives in separate incidents in Narmada. Several villages in Vadodara and Narmada,located along the Narmada and Karjan rivers,are also facing flood-like situation.
At least 13 residential areas in Bharuch city were inundated,as water level in Narmada river touched 30 feet at the citys Golden Bridge. District authorities said the disaster relief force and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) were pressed into action for rescue operations in affected areas.
At least 10 settlements in Ankleshwar and seven in Jhagaria were inundated,and the situation was getting worse as rain continued. The affected people have been evacuated and we are trying to reduce water logging in the city area near Dahej bypass, collector Avantika Singh said.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Although 10 people were rescued,at least two drowned in separate incidents in Narmada district. As many as nine farmers,working on farmlands along the Karjan river near Rajpipla,were trapped due to the sudden rise in the water level. Eight people could be rescued,but one drowned. In the other incident,one person drowned in Ashwini river in Narmadas Sagbara taluka.
In Vadodara city,the Vishwamitri river was well within the dangerous mark,but flood alert was sounded in Pavi Jetpur,Sankheda,Naswadi and Kwant talukas. Officials were yet to ascertain the number of persons to be evacuated.