With Lok Sabha elections in the coming months, the Youth Congress in Gujarat has gone on the active mode to mobilise young voters who account for nearly 21 per cent of the total electorate in the state.
The youth wing has announced the launch of a 23-day padyatra on January 18 from Kochrab Ashram here to Satyagraha Ashram in Bardoli in South Gujarat, covering a distance of about 550 kilometres. Titled ‘Vikaskhoj yatra’ (Exploring Development Yatra), it will cover seven Lok Sabha constituencies comprising Ahmedabad East, Kheda, Anand, Vadodara, Chhotaudepur, Bharuch and Bardoli, and 33 Assembly constituencies, half of them in the tribal belt. With this more than one-fourth Lok Sabha constituencies would be covered in almost half the state as the yatra would be pass through the entire Central and South Gujarat regions.
The yatris — 128 in all, though they would be joined by local Youth Congress workers — will cover 25-30 kilometres daily. According to the Youth Congress president, Mansinh Dodia, evening meetings would be held every day to create awareness among local workers and residents.
Dodia said the main aim of the Yatra was to expose the development claim of Chief Minister Narendra Modi and make them aware of the initiatives of the Congress-led UPA government.
The yatra would start with a public meeting in Dani Limda area of Ahmedabad and end at Bardoli with another public meeting on February 9. Central leaders, including Jyotiraditya Scindia and others, are expected to address the Dani Limda meeting.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016