With Lok Sabha elections in the coming months, the Youth Congress in Gujarat has gone on the active mode to mobilise young voters who account for nearly 21 per cent of the total electorate in the state.
The youth wing has announced the launch of a 23-day padyatra on January 18 from Kochrab Ashram here to Satyagraha Ashram in Bardoli in South Gujarat, covering a distance of about 550 kilometres. Titled ‘Vikaskhoj yatra’ (Exploring Development Yatra), it will cover seven Lok Sabha constituencies comprising Ahmedabad East, Kheda, Anand, Vadodara, Chhotaudepur, Bharuch and Bardoli, and 33 Assembly constituencies, half of them in the tribal belt. With this more than one-fourth Lok Sabha constituencies would be covered in almost half the state as the yatra would be pass through the entire Central and South Gujarat regions.
The yatris — 128 in all, though they would be joined by local Youth Congress workers — will cover 25-30 kilometres daily. According to the Youth Congress president, Mansinh Dodia, evening meetings would be held every day to create awareness among local workers and residents.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Dodia said the main aim of the Yatra was to expose the development claim of Chief Minister Narendra Modi and make them aware of the initiatives of the Congress-led UPA government.
The yatra would start with a public meeting in Dani Limda area of Ahmedabad and end at Bardoli with another public meeting on February 9. Central leaders, including Jyotiraditya Scindia and others, are expected to address the Dani Limda meeting.