Abdul Wahab, a former close aide of slain gangster Abdul Latif who later turned his rival, suffered a heart attack in Jeddah, where he has been put on a ventilator, on Monday. He was on a pilgrimage (umrah) to the holy city of Mecca.
His family members in Ahmedabad said that Wahab was suffering from a virus, possibly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) that causes cough and chest pain. They said that on Sunday morning, he suffered a minor heart attack due to breathlessness.
“He was supposed to come back on Tuesday. But early on Sunday morning, he was admitted to a hospital in Jeddah. He is suffering from a virus (possibly MERS). We have been informed that his condition is not good as he has been put on ventilator,” said Rafique, Wahab’s brother.
Wahab was part of the gang of Ahmedabad-based underworld don Abdul Latif, believed to be Dawood Ibrahim’s aide. He was killed in a police encounter in 1997. Wahab, who is facing more than 30 cases against him — including murder, attempt to murder, among others — was arrested in 2010 and was later released on bail. Last year, he was released from jail after a court found no evidence against him in a firing case against another alleged gangster Nazir Vora.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest