The vacation bench of Gujarat High Court on Tuesday issued notices to state government, VMC among others on a Public Interest Litigation (PIL), challenging a proposed housing scheme for poor in a Muslim-dominated locality to be constructed on a plot which had been reserved for commercial purpose. According to the petitioner, Sadikali Patel, a resident of Tandalja, a Muslim locality, the VMC has planned the housing scheme for Economically Weaker Section on a plot measuring 6,268 sqmetres, which was reserved for commercial purpose when the town planning scheme was passed in 2008-2009.
Watch What Else is Making News
The petitioner has said that originally the land belonged to Darul Uloom Baroda which runs several modern schools and madarasa in the adjacent plots. The petitioner has contended that the scheme of the land as prescribed in the town planning can’t be altered for the housing scheme.
It has said that there are 10 other reserved plots which the authority haven’t touched which can be used for residential purposes. On the same issue, another petition has been filed by Darul Uloom Baroda, opposing the construction of housing scheme. Darul Uloom has contended that town planning scheme can’t be changed without following the procedures.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016