On the 11th death anniversary of Sadiq Jamal Mehtar his brother Shabbir visited the Musa Suhag graveyard here on Monday where Mehtar was buried 11 years ago on January 13. Mehtar was gunned down by a team of Gujarat police claiming he was a member of Lashkar-e-Toiba out to kill the Gujarat CM Narendra Modi.
Shabbir came from his native Bhavnagar and paid homage in the morning even as there was police bandobast at the graveyard. Shabbir said even 11 years after the fake encounter his brother is yet to get justice. Criticising the CBI for delaying the investigations, Shabbir said, “CBI is playing some game and is probably afraid of filing the second chargesheet. I don’t know who they are scared of.”
Mehtar was killed in the fake encounter in 2003. Four years later his brother Shabbir moved the Gujarat High Court following which the court directed that a fresh FIR be lodged in 2011 while handing over the investigation to CBI in July the same year.
In December 2012, CBI filed a chargesheet against eight Gujarat poilcemen, including Deputy Superintendent of Police Tarun Barot, J G Parmar, I A Saiyed, K M Vaghela, R L Mavani, G H Gohil, Ajaypalsingh Siyaram Yadav and Chhtarsinh Chudasma. The CBI let the case open for further investigation and since then a supplementary chargesheet is awaited.
“There are some big officers involved in the encounter. The CBI hasn’t done anything about them. True justice would be done only if the accused officers are arrested while in service,” Shabbir said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More