MORE THAN two months after three persons were allegedly shot dead in Dolti village in an apparent case of revenge killings, Savarkundla police on Sunday booked three men for the alleged murders.
Reshma Dal, a resident of Karjala village in Mahuva taluka of Bhavnagar district lodged a complaint with Savarkundla rural police on Sunday evening stating her husband Imran Dal and two others were shot dead near Dolati village on April 10. The two other victims have been identified as Imran’s friend Rafik Sheikh of Karjala village and Harikrishna Gondaliya, a resident of Nava Rajpara village in Talaja taluka of Bhavnagar.
- Bhavnagar man allegedly rapes agricultural labourer working on his field, murders her brother
- The one dead in Bhima Koregaon clashes: Shivaji on his jacket ‘gave him away’
- Amreli: 7 killed, 27 injured as GSRTC bus overturns; second major accident in a week
- Muslims rally against ‘comments’ on social media
- State police chief transfers Amreli murder case to CID
- Three accused in rioting case go missing,kin blame police
In her complaint, Reshma named Shailesh Chandu of Dolati village, Muna Visiya of Rabarika village and Tenabhai of Mitiyala village in Khambha taluka of Amreli as accused. Based on her complaint, the police have booked the trio for murder and under Arms Act.
Police said that the alleged murders were committed on the night of April 10 when the victim trio were passing by Dolti village. Reshma had then given an application to Savarkundla rural police stating her husband had gone missing. But the matter came to light after Chandu was LCB of Amreli police from Adsang village of Savarkundla taluka on Saturday night after he was found carrying country-made gun. Vanraj Vala and Ashok Boricha were also arrested from Khambha village of Amreli for possessing illegal arms. The trio are presently in police custody.