Ten people were injured on Saturday after a clash between two labour groups at Jodhpur ward of Ahmedabad. The clash took place between members of Municipal Naukar Mandal and Gujarat Mazdoor Sabha.
Recently, safai workers of new west zone have resumed work after over a month strike, following a truce with the AMC. While Harish Makwana-led Municipal Naukar Mandal had supported the compromise with the civic body, Gujarat Mazdoor Sabha was opposed it.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Accusing the GMS of orchestrating the attack, Maheshbhai, a member of the MNM, said, “They called us at Jodhpur and then attacked us brutally because we did not join them in the strike.”
Five MNM members were injured in the attack, three of them seriously and admitted to the trauma ward of the V S Hospital on Saturday noon. The enraged MNM members have gone on strike, demanding immediate action against the attackers.
Amrish Patel, the GMS leader on the other hand alleged that it was the Naukar Mandal members who attacked GMS members. “They have attacked and injured five of our members who have been admitted in the Civil Hospital,” he said. No police complaint was lodged in this connection till evening.