The city Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) on Wednesday gave clean chit to the Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi in a case related to filing defective affidavit back in 2012 as a candidate from Maninagar Assembly constituency. The DCB submitted its report before the Additional Judicial Magistrate First Class, Ahmedabad rural, in which it stated that “there is no commission of offence.”
The police report is based on a complaint lodged by a member of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) — Nishant Verma — alleging Modi for hiding his marital status in the affidavit filed in 2012 Assembly polls. The complaint was lodged soon after Modi declared his marital status in his affidavit for contesting Lok Sabha polls from Vododara seat recently. It was for the first time when Modi declared that he was married to Jasodaben.
“The DCB has opined in its report that there is no commission of offence. They have quoted certain paragraphs of a Supreme Court’s order that goes in favour of Modi. It was only after court’s intervention that the DCB officials promised to give us the copy,” said K R Koshti, lawyer who is presenting Verma in the case.
He said that there is another order of the SC hailing that if the contestant supresses information such as pending cases against him, description of properties and names of legal spouse he or she be declared as disqualified. The matter has been scheduled for further hearing on June 7.
In the other case of flashing party symbol at the election booth and addressing a group of TV journalists while the polling was underway the DCB which lodged an FIR against Modi told the court that the investigation is still on. The DCB officials sought time for completing the investigation. The court granted time and kept the matter for hearing on July 5.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016